Sunday 8 May 2011

Beanbag Bench

     In order to take my Jeanbag to another outdoor location I decided to make a bench which fixes around a lamp post and supports the beanbag which is thrown over the top. In order to do this I routed the wood and fixed together the wooden bench with old chair legs to support it off the ground. This was cut in half so the two sections for around the lamp post.
     I then took the pieces outside and displayed them appropriately. I like the idea of this being a public artwork so I left the piece in a busy park area outside the Playhouse and recorded the public viewing and sitting on the bench piece. The photos are below.
Routed wood into circle
 Sanded for quality finish
 Pillar drilled old chair legs
 Routed centre out and cut in half
 Drilled piece to join two halves
 Screwed chair legs onto bench
 Completed underside of bench
 Public sitting on bench
 Sitting on bench
 Person reading book
 View of bench in park location
 Comfortable
 Relaxing on Jeanbag bench
 People came and sat on bench
Bench in park with people using it

No comments:

Post a Comment