Tuesday 1 February 2011

Harlequin Rag Rug

This Rag Rug was created for my current project, 'Clarify'. The idea behind this was to identify my strengths and area of interest from the previous project, 'Identify' in which I found new ways to reuse objects with upcycling. To Clarify, I decided that textiles were my area of interest and in order to keep a link to my last project I am continuing with the idea of reusing, in the recycling of clothes. All of the items which I make for this project will be textile based furnishings for the home. A theme of harlequin patterns will run throughout and this pattern came from the regular use of ties in my work. It is also resemblant of the circus which draws the idea of fun and playfulness.
I used old t-shirts donated by friends to create the rug, and the base was an old hessian sack. Below are images of the front and back view.

 Rag Rug
 Front close up
 Back view
 Back detail

Front detail

No comments:

Post a Comment