Friday 5 November 2010

Ties Hammock

 The making of ties hammock
 Ties sewn onto strong canvas
Ties hammock bed assembled, ready for making wooden ends
 Drilling holes for rope
 Varnishing
Success!

The above images show the making of my ties hammock which I completed this week, and it is fully functional. I first arranged the ties with the widest used in a vertical direction meeting in the middle then sewed these securely to thick canvas. The thinner ties are weaved through and stitched into position for added strength. The wooden bars which the hammock is secured to are made from scrap wood which was thrown away from the bar of the Playhouse pub, Norwich. They are made from beech wood which is known to be very strong. Once assembled i tested the hammock and the structure held my weight so it was a success! I am very pleased with this creation as I think it is quite unique.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks sweet as, Good luck with finishing it :D

    ReplyDelete